Wednesday 1 November 2017

Wednesday Whinnies - The Mama Hotesse edition


Hotesse: Neighs, everyone. This is  Hotesse de l'Aumone, Violette's mama. #1 (yes, she is also a little bit my #1...) suggested that it would be nice for me to do a post. My daughter Violette is always going on about when she gets hooficures. I also got one this week and thought I would tell you about it. My owners are not as good as #1 about horse care and it had been quite a while since I had my hooves trimmed. #1 pestered them about it and they finally asked her if she would get her own farrier to come and do me and my other daughter Doucette. Unlike Violette, we are not used to giving our feet to be trimmed, so he brought his mobile stocks with him.

They started with Doucette. If you think that Violette is feisty, you should try this one... Oh the poor farrier!  She almost demolished his stocks, and despite her getting all kinds of treats, he only managed to get her front font hooves done:


I am an old lady and am much better behaved.



 
The farrier said I really, REALLY needed that trim! 

I got treats too!


Let me show you the difference it made. In this next shot, my left hind foot is trimmed but the right one hasn't been done yet:

 
After we were done, we were able to go back to enjoy our hay bale in the sunshine:


The farrier and #1 both told my owners that they needed to start working with little Heloise soon, to teach her to give her feet for trimming. 

I don't want to leave without a photo of my Violette (who doesn't need stocks and is a good girl for the farrier!):


Isn't she pretty? I am very proud of her!

Thanks for reading my post. It was fun to do!

16 comments:

  1. that looks fantabulous... well done! and thanks that #1 was there to make that hooficure happen for you ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Regular hoovicures are so important - I am glad #1 is looking out for you and your family, Hotesse!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post Hotesse. We bet your feet feel better now as well.
    We purr your owners will keep the farrier coming as foot care is very important.

    Purrs Georgia,Julie and JJ

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a situation for all! Hopefully the farrier and #1's words will be heeded.
    You have such a beautiful family, luv.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We're glad #1 is around to help you get the care you need. Hopefully the farrier can come back and finish the job on Doucette sometime too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Most interesting, to those of us with now horsies in our lives! I remember my first manicure; made me wiggle and jump too, so can only imagine what it's like for you and your babies. Something that one gets used to...and even enjoy!...over time. Thanks for posting, Hotesse de l'Aumone!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are lovely and it is so nice to see you. I'm glad you got all fixed up!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great post, Hôtesse ! #1 is an amazing human (but you already know this, right ?). You're lucky that she keeps an eye on you and Doucette, and the sweet Heloise, and tells your owners how to do better for you. Purrs

    ReplyDelete
  9. #1 is so good with her own family that we are not surprised that she wanted you and Doucette to be well cared for too. You are all so beautiful.

    Woos - Lightning, Misty, and Timber

    ReplyDelete
  10. Bet that poor horse was pretty darn scared. But it did need to get done. Hopefully she will better next time. People need to start them when they are babies.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am glad #1 persuaded your owner to get your hooves trimmed. You must feel so much more comfortable now.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh Hotesse! lease do these often and I love seeing all the girls too. I am especially glad to see the difference in trimmed hooves after a Hoofacure! WHAT a huge difference. Does it interfere with walking when trimming is so badly needed? The farriers are just so patient and of course, understanding. Talk to your daughter, Mama Hotesse...and Violette, I am proud of you.

    ReplyDelete
  13. We bet everyone felt better all around after those hoof trims ; even Doucette with only two hoof trims completed! We hope the farrier can complete the job at some point :)

    the critters in the cottage xo

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh yes need to have your feets all good. You stand on them all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gosh! Your hooves do look better! I do not like getting my claws tipped with the Clippers but your feet are so much bigger. Does it hurt?
    Many Purrs
    Marv

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your hooves look a lot better we are glad you enjoyed having them trimmed and we hope Doucette will learn to like it. Mommy use to help Grandpa trim her horses hooves.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting our blog! We love getting comments.